Thursday 17 May 2012

What I love about these blogs

I am just so impressed with this blogging business and with all of you 'blogger friends'.


I think it is fantastic that we have a medium that allows like-minded people who share a common interest, nay passion, across the world to easily share information, ideas, photos and to 'discuss' topics of interest. Like the one below: "An attack of Zaporozhian Cossacks in the steppe" by Franz Roubaud, which is from Wikimedia Commons. Isn't it a great, evocative painting?


I also appreciate the civilised discussion that we have, where alternate views and ideas are put in a reasonable and polite manner. Of course, this is nothing startling as it is just how mature adults conduct themselves, yet it is not the norm in e-land.


We could teach other, less civil 'discussion' groups a thing or two couldn't we?


Thanks all. Long may it continue.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed. I believe it also has to do with the topic at hand. If we were to discuss politics, which is at its heart, deceptive and open to interpretation, then as might not all be so civil. On the Napoleonic wars, it seems to be restricted to people with a passionate view of history and, dare I say, probably a higher than normal intellect. Enjoying the blogs with different people's ideas, reviews and battle reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I have never understood arguing about history and especially arguing about toy soldiers! Blogs are a great forum to share your interpretations and thoughts on history and wargaming. I look forward to reading more on the exploits of the Avon Napoleonic Fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! I enjoy doing my posts and reading others, and find I sometimes have to be careful not to let it subtract too much time form the hobby itself, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you James! Well said!

    ReplyDelete